Hopelink Programs including: food, financial assistance, energy assistance, adult education, employment services, financial capabilities, family development, and mobility management are available from our service center. Centers are equipped with video interpreter services to provide live interpretation in over 100 languages as needed. We also can connect to interpretation services for all phone calls and phone appointments.
Center lobbies are open during Food Market hours for walk in services, and all programs operate by appointment from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. We recommend that you call the center prior to coming by to best ensure connection to the correct program for you.
Food Program Registration
To register to attend a Hopelink Market, please call the center serving your area to schedule. While you are waiting for your enrollment appointment, you can still receive food.
Shoreline Market and Service Center17837 Aurora Avenue N.
Shoreline, Washington 98113
- Our volunteers and staff can answer any questions you may have.
- There will be a line to get inside, but we guarantee the same quality of food will be available for every shopper! If the line is too long, you can come another day.
- Follow the arrows to enter the market and get checked in.
- Remember to bring your reusable bag with you.
- Each shopper will be able to spend 15 minutes choosing the food and items that are right for them. Limiting shopping to 15 minutes per shopper will allow us to keep the line moving for everyone.
- Please limit market shopping to one adult from your household, when possible, to reduce crowding.
- Shoppers are welcome two times per month.
- Shoppers can only shop for their household, not for neighbors or friends.
- While visiting our markets, masks are strongly encouraged but not required.
- Please practice social distancing as best you can, and allow 3 feet between you and other shoppers.
- Canned Fruits & Vegetables
- Fresh Produce
- Paper Products
- Peanut Butter
- Refrigerated Dairy Products
- Tomato Products